Gretchen – This looked like what Kate Moss would probably wear. Super urban and hip. Who cares if she’s a bitch - the fact that she managed to do separates and integrated them so beautifully, and the fact that she has already won two challenges, warrants her to become one.
Andy – There was a very creative use of the ribbons. Styling was modern and edgy. His ambitiousness either makes or breaks him, judging from the previous few episodes.
Valerie – I loved the symmetry of this dress. This exudes a confident and sexy quality.
Michael C. – This was bold and brilliant. I liked how he played with the textures.
- Christopher – Considering this was purely made out of napkins, I would say this was very elegant and charming. It might be hard for him to emerge at the top, because the judges hardly pick up on the minute details of his practical, well-constructed though not over-the-top pieces.
- April – This was very Gaga-esque. I guess she was aiming for something fractured and edgy, and so this works to her advantage.
- Mondo – It was laudable how he made use of plates to come up with the bodice. Furthermore, it acts as a nice contrast to the cute skirt.
- Peach – She is finally improving! The top is definitely boring, but I like the layers of petals of the skirt.
AJ – A risk which didn’t pay off. He probably just wanted a fun party dress, but this was overkill. I can’t believe he tried placing blame on the model’s boobs.
- Ivy – This looks so bulky on the model! The skirt should have been shorter, and the colour should have been something more striking for a party dress.
- Michael D. – He used tin foil roasting pans for the skirt, like what? You should see the back of the dress – looks awful.
- Casanova – This was absolutely WTF. He went ahead with the use of tablecloths even when Tim Gunn advised them not to, he sliced up plush puppies to dig out the cotton, and this was what he produced. Too much to handle.
- Kristin – Oh god. The colour palette is good, but the overall product is hideous! She should stop embracing her mistakes and start crafting respectable pieces.
- Sarah – She followed Gretchen’s expert advice and dumped the pink for the teal. The end product was thus sad and flat.
Top 3: Gretchen, Valerie and Andy
Winner: Andy South
Bottom 3: Casanova, Sarah and AJ
Eliminated: Sarah Trost
To watch Project Runway 8 Episode 3, click HERE, like for real.