- The ending is pretty mind-blowing. Emotional.
- Robert Pattinson and Pierce Brosnan can actually act. I loved how Pattinson yelled at Brosnan in one of the scenes.
The movie is not as sappy as the trailer made it out to be. The opening and closing sequences somewhat disproved that hypothesis immediately.
I think the Ruby Jerins acted really well as the intelligent small girl (Caroline) who gets picked on in school. I like her short hair, and her very adult-like aspirations about becoming an artist.
I like how ominous music starts kicking in whenever they portray happy scenes. Absolute irony
Don't find out the dates the film takes place, because it will spoiler you for the ending.
I thought Chris Cooper didn't act too well as the protective father.
Alice In Wonderland
- The opening of the film is so boring. It only took a turn when Alice started falling down the hole, which was a pretty amazing scene.
- The film didn't blow me away (probably because my expectations for the movie were high), but I guessed the visual effects were the main attraction.
- It was a fun and imaginative tale, with the movie strongly anchored by the impressionable characters and environments, rather than an intriguing plot.
- I liked how Johnny Depp (Mad Hatter) didn't really steal the whole show. I mean, he usually becomes the limelight of the shows that he act in (Sweeney Todd, Pirates of the Carribbean...), but he doesn't this time round. Very good.
- I loved the Red Queen (played by Helena Bonham Carter aka Bellatrix Lestrange in Harry Potter and Mrs. Lovett in Sweeney Todd)
- Anne Hathaway had too little screentime as The White Queen imo.
- I'd encourage you to watch it in 3D, because it does immerse you in Wonderland.
LOOKING FORWARD TO WATCHING SHUTTER ISLAND.