|Your #1 Destination for Music & Reality TV|
30 May 2006
what a beautiful concert.
rv was named one of the stronger musical groups with more impressive performances heeh.
wanna thank everyone who came down and supported this event!!!
really tiring. preparing for the july choir concert now. that one you all must come, if not i murder you all.
27 May 2006
omg. today's a really crazy hectic day. though nothing much, but it wwas just draining.
woke up as though its a typical weekday today just to go perform for founders day. practised nonstop and then had combined at dining hall. then someone took my blazer. then, i decided to kidnap one blazer, just to ensure security. then leehe apparently lost another blazer and took another one, which was xianchen's one. and later i realized it was xianchen who took my blazer LOL.
<--- GO WATCH MYRIAD tomorrow at esplanade!
26 May 2006
SOUL PATROL. SOUL PATROL. SOUL PATROL. SOUL PATROL. SOUL PATROL.
yay. woo. soul patrol.
good for him.
but i so sincerely wished it was still a chris vs mandisa showdown.
i'd go mad if that ever happened.
i think this season's finale had the best special guests, but one of the lousiest finals performance. their song choices were by far the most boring and dreadful one. how could kat even pick 'black horse and the cherry tree' as one of her swansongs?? and 'my destiny' didn't really impress me. actually its not her fault. its the fault of the composition of the piece itself. taylor had a much better song. biased? hope not.
<-- kat is smiling. the crowd behind is cheering. kat looks as though she won.
i just realized that recent winners of reality shows were all male.
Aras. BJ and Tyler. Taylor. pretty interesting, considering the fact that female winners keep dominating in survivor and AI.
<---3 claws. 3 stars.
didn't find it as impressive as the last two instalmenst. maybe its because its a new director (apparently the original one went to direct superman: returns instead). mystique lasted so short whil, after which she became a pretty woman. so many people died. and phoenix looked friggin ugly. all her veins coming out. she should eat some glucosamine pills or sth.
something cool happened yesterday. i got a FREE SHAKIRA CD from power98. they came to ri for the school invasion event thingy. jeremy ratnam was there to entertain a portion of us (apprently majority of the crowd didn't even know how britney spears looked like, could not name a jennifer lopez single, and didn't know the name of the winner of american idol) <-- P.S if i didn't know that taylor won b4 jeremy ratnam announced it, i'd have killed him and committed suicide. it was too huge a blow to take. however, wanyi kindly told me the results thru sms, saying 'haha the old man won'. -.- it just catches you that semester 1 just ended. and WHAT DID I EVEN DO to make me remember of the times i spent in semester 1? i can't think of much. goes to show how little i've done and contributed this semester. thats so much more i can do. and like what all the teachers wrote in my comments, i'm capable of so much more. i know it, but i just can't release it this semester. its as though something's hindering me. its definitely due to the raging hormones (research education seriously is helping me understanding more about social psychology, thats how i know some people has split personalities) as well as the chaotic class environment you are in. in spite of all this, i couldn't have possibly survived without these people:
thats it!! top 60 songs for first semester on its way. i have to slowly tabulate the results. tedious process indeed. meanwhile, heres the top 20 songs for the week 22th may - 28th may 2006:
and my gpa increased to 3.15. how cool is that. thanks for all the moderations, teachers.
24 May 2006
i wasn't entertained by the final two.
i was entertained by daniel powter.
found it incredibly rude that the audience kept cheering when he was singing and playing on the piano at the same time.
kat - 7/10
her debut single was screwed. that wasn't really her fault. she didn't choose that song. they composed it FOR her. and the vocal range was incredibly difficult. black horse and the cherry tree. why did she even sing that. thats so not 'finals' quality. only her somewhere over the rainbow owned.
taylor - ???/10
i wasn't entertained by him. so i'm not qualified to judge him because i'm bias. but eventually he'll win.
can't u see the clues ryan seacrest have given? this season, THEY WANT A MALE WINNER.
if i was chris, i'd have gone up the stage and murdered both of them.
and omg. my gpa jumped to 3.15 due to moderations. i love moderations.
and on friday, i'm dressing dylan up.
18 May 2006
there. BJ and Tyler. winners of Amazing Race Season 9. amazing race actually lasted 9 seasons. to think they wanted to stop productions at season 6. looks like the show must go on if not cbs is somewhat finished.
thought this season lacked some bitching and whining and rivalry. pretty superficial rivalry between them and the mojos. well, they did enough to win the million dollars though, with eric and jeremy getting runners-up with many many many sponsored trips to many many different countries.
Winner of Survivor Panama: Exile Island
YESSS!!! see, all along from the very first episode he was all along my HOT FAVORITE. told you he will win. this season wasn't that exciting with the exception of aras. despite having the new exile island idea, the whole concept of the hidden immunity idol was somewhat useless because terry didn't even used it. he just merely threatened ppl with that extra aura of his. thats why he lasted so so so long.
reality fever coming to an end, with idol soon reaching its finale. but there's still 'so you think you can dance' and 'project runway'. well, will try to find more shows! oh, i forgot about local reality shows like superband and singapore idol!
Chemistry CT - 39/55 (Overall 64% - 2.8)
Geography CT - 21/30 (Overall 68% - 3.2)
SS CT - 18/25 (Overall 76% - 3.6)
Physics CT - 33/50 (Overall 62% - 2.8)
Chinese CT - 70/100 (Overall 70% - 3.6)
Maths CT - 29.5/60 =.= (Overall 58% - 2.4) bearing in mind thats its double weightage. -.-
English CT - 35.5/50 (Overall around 65-70% - 3.2)
Overall GPA: 3.0
thats 75% ok. dun laugh.
12 May 2006
all began when school started, gettin back chem paper back first.
YES. i went totally ecstatic. can't believe i actually pass with an A. but lionel got 40. dammit lol.
pretty boring lessons for the rest of the day, other than the speech by DPM on rafflesians losing soul. seriously, i fully believe that i'm losing my soul nowadays too. its floating somewhere and u just gotta catch it.
then swim carn/house carn. after watching hockey =) , wanted to play softball but b4 it even began, hailstones started pouring and everyone chionged in and some went home and yuzhou and i went to gym hall to see jiawei get owned by the best tabletennis player LOL. super hilarious. even swim carn was cancelled and wenjian was pissed. but somehow my 'I' personality aura managed to persuade him to attend rgs concert! yay!
went home and went out again to newton to meet wenjian, and saw alice and gang sitting outside b4 they gave us directions to acs(barker) haha thanks! walk walk walk walk walk walk and we finally reached. (omg acs barker is mother big) then wenjian's tix was with melissa. so we freaked out and we started screaming. and mel was at bishan at like 715 when the concert was about to begin in 15 minutes time. LOL. after 5 minutse she got into a taxi and she was pretty punctual after all eh!
went into the hall with yuzhou, leeqi, jian, and mel and saw yanhan, hui, charlene, wanyi, yiusum, karliang, bryannah and many many more.
as for the concert...mhm...
i'll give it 3/5 screams.
things i liked about it:
1) collaborating with many different aspects of performing styles (dancing, chereographing, acting, singing) - something i believe is very hard to pull of. kudos to the streetdancez team.
2) busking groups - sec3s were impressive, with jiajun being one of the best!! you go gal! sec 4s were pretty decent too, a pity they sang only 2 songs. i really liked how they are able to do solo performances, and i think more choirs should practise that, in order to boost their selfesteem and stage presence.
things i disliked about it:
1) the limited number of songs in the musical - a musical really should have more songs. which should be somewhat related to the story. a boo-boo on this aspect.
2) repitition - maybe the script should've been revised, there were too many similar scenarios going on, and it became such a drone at the ending.
3) the mass chereo - WHAT are they doing??? jumping off the chairs and everything?? super hilarious. but nope, thats just too amateurish.
definitely cannot be compared to last year, the preparation period was really short short short. good job rafflesians!!
once everything was done, mel wenjian leeqi crystal and i were stoning outside the campus. and since mel and i were hungry and crys wanted to go somewhere, we decided to go somewhere to eat!
we walked. and we walked. and we talked. and we talked. and we walked. and we talked. and we walked. and we talked. till we reached united square. indeed one workout. from acs barker to united square ok thats like 30 minutes long. worth the walk though. hahaha.
sat down at macs then the gals talkd abt obs and nandini and other interesting stuff, as i ate and watched on hahaha. sometimes its funny to hear whats going on at rgs. spent quite a while and finally left with crys' father fetching her home. mel and i were then stranded at opposite ends of the road, trying to hail a cabbie.
and interstingly, i got to hop into the taxi first b4 she did. aww mel...poor thing hahaha. at least u got one cab though =) and u had the boarding teacher waitin ehheh.
midnight taxi is expensive.
i was in shock for the whole of yesterday.
we just lost a superstar in the making.
maybe they think grooming taylor is much easier.
i just love the way he holds that mike stand.
10 May 2006
yes, i need friends.
yes, i can just talk on and on sometimes without knowing my limits.
yes, i dread rejection.
yes, i do less than i talk.
yes, emotions is like the most important thing in my life.
to all those who've supported me throughout this semester, god bless you and i love you.
to those who don't really have a good impression of me, i promise i'll change for the better.
this world is weird. very weird.
very very interesting.
and katherine may be out. thats very tragic.
06 May 2006
guowei said: 'if you beat me, i laugh'
15 seconds later, his tower was down.
guowei and zerome vs. louis and wenjian
LIKE HOW CAN WE POSSIBLY WIN?
the funniest thing was, guowei and zerome had about 20+ kills, when we had NONE.
and we were 5-6 lvls down.
started well, with expected deaths coming from wenjian and myself (dammit, my luna's gettin lousier with so many counter-heroes' attacks). in the very 1st place, the teamings were imba.
then wenjian got owned and he had to leave. i also got owned and wanted to leave, but zerome kindly left the game coz he wanted the game to be slightly fairer.
guowei had power treads, rapier, radiance, sange and yasha, basher, aegis
me? reaver, a potion, aghanim, eaglehorn.
i think i won because i used the two heroes when guowei koped all zeromes' items and placed it in his own inventory. he bought all these when he could've won without radiance and rapier.
moral of the story: attack yr opponent's base rather than defend. its no use one coz i keep alternating with the two heroes thats why i won. LOL. omg this is so funny. wenjian can't stop laughing. guowei can't stop laughing. i can't stop laughing. must tell zerome later.
OMG i still cannot believe it. i actually hit his tower down b4 he did.
05 May 2006
omg. lemme start off with a very entertaining story...
THIS TABLE IS FOR MUMMIES AND BABIES.
imagine having to hear a woman who speaks terrible english who recently got promoted to manager in a very well-known fast food chain in bishan j8.
well. it all started when yuzhou, kenneth, me, xiaoyu and ziyang found a very nice table outside that particular fast food restaurant and left our bags there and went to order. i was the first to take my order and went back to my seat. and then, i heard this.
THIS TABLE IS FOR MUMMIES AND BABIES.
this manager with very furry hair at the back of her head told a group of rafflesians who slumped their bags beside our table. apparently at that period, it was school dismissal period. not giving a damn abt whether i was ordered to change my seats or whatsoever move my tray, the same furry-haired woman told me THIS TABLE IS FOR MUMMIES AND BABIES, as though she was some robot who could only say that bloody sentence. and fyi, she could only speak chinese besides that very fateful 7 words.
many groups of students came and gone after she said those 7 cursed words, resulting in the annoyance of many. later, she came back to us and told us that this table was meant for mummies and babies. THE WEIRD THING IS, THERE WERE NO MUMMIES AND BABIES AT THAT PERIOD WHO WERE EATING.
later, this man sat down at the 'mummies-and-babies-only' table, eating his takopachi octopus balls AND THE FURRY-HAIRED WOMAN DIDN'T BOTHER! whats worst is, the so-called mummies and babies found their seats and ate OUTSIDE FOOD??
I don't know if this is the policy of that particular fastfood restaurant to encourage a welfare fast-food charitable organization or what, but the practical thing is that AREN'T THOSE SEATS SUPPOSED TO BE FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE HAVING THEIR FASTFOOD MEALS? and what right does she have to say that we are supposed to leave our seats to somewhere more cramped???
Even if we were to move our seats, the indoor seats available WERE ALL FULL. and the worst thing is, she resorted to taking away chairs from students who put their bags on the chairs to give it to OTHER MUMMIES AND BABIES WHO PUT THEIR BAGS ON THOSE CHAIRS. like that totally pissed me off.
well, as the group of us gathered around to gossip about the furry-haired woman, with the arrival of more friends like wenjian and kelly, the woman came to ME. of all people ME. because she remembers ME. for I visit that fastfood restaurant almost every day after school dismissal. she said this in chinese: (obviously translated into english because of her bad profiency in the language)
Furry-haired bitch (FHB): you know you all are very rude. what must you ignore me when i tell you to move?
Me: (obviously in sophiscated english) Why should i move when apparently there aren't any mummies and babies (sarcastically)
FHB: (diverting the topic) give me your name. what school are you from? i want to tell your principal?
Me: Why should I when i'm not in the wrong?
FHB: Just tell me what school are you from. JC or Sec 2 or Sec 4? i see you wear long pants.
Me: (laughing at the bottom of my heart because apparently, SEC 2s WEAR SHORTS) I'm from JC (in unison with wenjian)
Kenneth at this moment helps me out by chipping in some deratogary remarks on this very interseting policy.
~~~~~the rest i shall ont mention. because its all abt the mummies and babies which i simply am sick of hearing it.
she got pissed, she left, she didn't come back again to bother us (which made me feel so peaceful, after having already potentially failing maths and physics and NOT GETTING INTO THE LEADERSHIP CHALLENGE <= this is by far the most shocking thing this year that has happened to big. VERY SHOCKING. and i'm still very fed up that i lost to 4 ppl. and I WASN'T CHOSEN? total ridicule to me.)
the interesting part was, we all saw her talking to the manager and she wept her tears and went home. like how emotional. but really, we didn't really empathize? coz it was simply r-i-d-i-c-u-l-o-u-s.
1) Jiawei is going to write a complain letter draft for me.
2) she actually threaten me that she'll tell the school principal. on what grounds? on their new policy. and it is supposed to be me threatening to tell her manager abt this. what excellent service and customer service are you talking abt here when u sacrfiice the benefits of yr loyal patrons to mummies and babies. i just don't get it.
3) she has a hard time undertsanding what a fastfood restaurant is. apparently, you eat fast and u leave. we did so. we ate their food. some didn't. and she didn't tell them to leave. instead, she told us to leave. and there were abt 8 of us. squeezing in 3 pathetic tables. she'll be a very good waitress in a chinese restaurant, but in this particular fastfood restaruant? uh uh.
what a day it was.
went to bowling after that, bowled some nice strikes with pathetic scores ranging from 90-110, with zerome beating me in the last game (gg). baby w left after bowling and they wbent to my house to watch hardgay -.- and played x-men and played cluedo which ziyang tycolly won.
04 May 2006
yuzhou, u need not read this post. coz, its just a guide to PASSing physics for desperate ppl.
1) 10^12 = tera (T)
10^9 = giga (G)
10^6 = mega (M)
10^3 = kilo (k)
10^-1 = deci (d)
10^-2 = centi ©
10^-3 = milli (m)
10^-6 = micro (funny shape)
10^-9 = nano (n)
10^-12 = pico (p)
2) Random error = unpredictable, occur in all measurements (reaction time, environment) – avg measurements
Systematic = consistent and not random (instrument or environment) – taking differences
Difference between random and systematic = cannot be eliminated, reduced by avging repeated readings.
3) Addition, subtraction = decimal place
Division, multiplication = sig fig
I deleted 4.
5) Micrometer = coin’s thickness
Vernier calipers = test tube’s internal diameter
Speed = distance/time
6) beam of light falls on rough surface = diffuse reflection (reflected in different directions)
Beam of light falls on smooth surface = specular/regular reflection (reflected as parallel beam)
Reflecting surface rotates through angle, reflected ray rotates through 2angle.
7) thick mirrors in periscope = blur outline, repeated internal reflections = multiple images
8) Refractive index of medium in terms of speed of light = ratio of speed of light in a vacuum to speed of light in medium
9) critical angle = sin^1 = 1/refractive index
10) light = pinhole camera, image formed on screen is laterally inverted. ( human eye)
Larger hole = brighter image more light, blurrer (large hole = many small holes – overlap)
Pinhole size determines brightness and sharpness
11) object distance from pinhole / image distance from pinhole = object size / image size]
12) reflection of light = normal perpendicular to reflecting surface (angle of incidence = angle between incident ray and normal, angle of reflection = angle between reflected ray and normal)
ANGLE OF REFLECTION = ANGLE OF INCIDENCE
All lie on same plane
13) Plane Mirrors = upright, virtual, same size as object, laterally inverted, image distance = obj distance
14) Virtual image = rays of light do not pass, cannot be formed on screen (dotted)
Real image = rays of light pass and can be formed on screen
15) Light travels in straight line ( rectilinear propagation), reversibility of light
16) Diameter of sun = 150 000 000 km Speed of light = 3.0 X 10^8 m/s
17) Bright spots on ground beneath tree = pinhole images of sun formed by sunlight shining through small holes in leaves. Larger pinhole: images of sun from taller trees.
18) high flying plane cast little shadow, low flying plane casts sharp shadow = distance between plane and groun large, light from various directions can illuminate the shadow region
19) SNELL’S LAW = n1 sin i1 = n2 sin i2
20) Refraction of light
Definition: It is the bending of light as it crosses the boundary between two media at a glancing angle. This bending is due to the change in velocity of light.
Occurs because light travel at different speeds at different media.
Denser = light travels slowly
Less dense = light travels faster
(angle of incidence = angle between incident ray and normal, angle of reflection = angle between refracted ray and normal)
(light propagates slower in a transparent medium other than a vacuum)
Emergent ray parallel to incident ray
- when a ray of light passes from optically less dense to dense, it slows down and bends TOWARDS normal. (air to glass)
21) Velocity = Frequency X Wavelength ( v = f X l)
If velocity increase, wavelength increase (frequency remains constant)
22) ways to determine refractive index
real and apparent depth
23) Total internal reflection
- when angle of incidence is at critical angle, refracted ray emerges into optically less dense medium and travels along boundary. Angle of refraction is equal to 90 degrees.
- No light emerges into optically less dense medium if angle of incidence in denser medium is greater than critical angle. Light is reflected within dense medium (T.I.R)
- Refractive index (n) = 1/sin critical angle
24) real and apparent depths
- swimming pool shallower than it seems = refraction of light. Light leaving bottom of the pool travels slower in water but speeds up when enters air. Increase in speed of light causes it to bend away from normal and image of bottom of pool appears nearer to surface of water.
- Refractive index (n) = real depth / apparent depth
03 May 2006
i LoVE tYpINg ThIS wAY cOZ' it LoOks SO MaRvY!
jUsT 20 MiNuTEs AgO I Was sTrUck By The ReJecTiOn CuRsE.
hENce I shALl TyPE tHIs WaY FroM NoW OnWaRdS!
sO cOol WOrHx!
Back to Main Page
Digital Spy's The Sound
Spin or Bin Music
Pop On and On
The Prophet Blog
design by maystar
powered by blogger