|Your #1 Destination for Music & Reality TV|
29 July 2005
25) Inside your heaven - Carrie Underwood
24) Wake me up when September Ends - Green Day
23) This is how a heart breaks - Rob Thomas
22) Forever - Vertical Horizon
21) Crazy Chick - Charlotte Church
20) That's how love should be - Tyler hilton
19) Lose control - Missy Elliot/ Ciara
18) Everything hurts - Ben Moody/Anastacia
17) Pump it - Black Eyed Peas
16) Beautiful - James Blunt
15) No Sleep Tonight - The Faders
14) Break you - Marion Raven
13) Axel F - Crazy Frog
12) Just a Ride - Jem
11) Better Alone - Melanie C
10) Shake it off - Mariah Carey
9) Only words I know - Blue
8) Here i go Again - Mario
7) 40 Kinds of Sadness - Ryan Cabrera
6) Cater 2 U - Destiny's Child
5) Cool - Gwen Stefani
4) These boots are made for walking - Jessica Simpson
3) Next best superstar - Melanie C
2) Don't lie - Black Eyed Peas
1) Staring at the Sun - Rooster
23 July 2005
25) Be yourself - Audioslave
24) Wake me up when September ends - Green day
23) We believe - Good Charlotte
22) Next best superstar - Melanie C
21) This is how a heart breaks - Rob THomas
20) How to deal - Frankie J
19) 1 thing - Amerie
18) Breathe - Anna Nalick
17) Only words i Know - Blue
16) Here we go again - Mario
15) 40 kinds of sadness - Ryan Cabrera
14) pump it - Black eyed peas
13) Shake it off - Mariah Carey
12) These boots are made for walking - Jessica Simpson
11) Inside your heaven - Carrie Underwood
10) Everything hurts - Ben Moody feat Anastacia
9) Cater 2 U - Destiny's Child
8) Lose control - Missy Elliot/ Ciara
7) Don't lie - Black Eyed Peas
6) Crazy Chick - Charlotte church
5) Beautiful - James Blunt
4) That's how love should be - Tyler Hilton
3) Staring at the sun - Rooster
2) Cool - Gwen Stefani
1) Forever - Vertical Horizon
Sigh, after the devastating loss to moor for the debate topic "This house would abolish death penalty (we did opposition)', i'm afraid to mention any of my successes anymore. Its because of my complacency that i get too cocky and egoistic and knowing that's my very bad characteristic of mine, i shall change it. no more complacent.
17 July 2005
Well, i can't stand but i HAVE TO SAY THIS before my reflection on the germany trip.
1) I WON THE BEST SPEAKER FOR THE MOTION:
THIS HOUSE WOULD NOT LEGALISE VOLUNTARY EUTHANASIA!!!!
2) MY TEAM WON BAYLEY TEAM, WHICH IS DEEMED TO BE BETTER THAN US!!!
WOOHOOOOO! THREE CHEERS TO BUCKLEY!
frankly speaking, i really thought i was good in my speech. though some fumbles and stuff, i handled my POIs (points of informations) well and I DID IT! VICTORY! walked morrison over and beat bayley. If we are gonna face moor in semifinals which is impromptu, we'll win!!!! WOOHOOOOOO. i'm so darn happy. i'm victorious for karaoke singing and this! what more can i say to express my happiness???
25) Breathe - Anna Nalick
24) Everything hurts - Ben Moody feat. Anastacia
23) Wordplay - Jason Mraz
22) Superman - Stereophonics
21) 1 Thing - Amerie
20) City of blinding lights - U2
19) Lets Get blown - Snoop Dogg/Pharell
18) How to deal - Frankie J
17) Wake me up when September ends - Green Day
16) Cater 2 U - Destiny's Child
15) Next best superstar - Melanie C
14) Don't lie - Black eyed Peas
13) Be Yourself - Audioslave
12) Cool - Gwen Stefani
11) Staring at the Sun - Rooster
10) Bad Day - Daniel Powter
9) This is how a heart breaks - Rob Thomas
8) Only words i Know - Blue
7) That's how love should be - Tyler Hilton
6) Crazy Chick - Charlotte Church
5) Lose control - Missy Elliot & Ciara
4) Forever - Vertical Horizon
3) Inside your heaven - Carrie Underwood
2) Beautiful - James Blunt
1) We Believe - Good Charlotte
Day 3: After breakfast, we took a trip around Harz mountains in the heart of Wernigerode. basically, it was just the castle on the mountain that got me fascinated. how the hell do those ppl live there? It's just soooo darn cool!!! you'll never get to see that in singapore i assure u. Day 3 though was pretty relaxing, except for the fact where we did the opening ceremony. WE, RAFFLES VOICES, PERFORMED FIRST in front of everyone!!!!!!!! obvoiusly, the adreline was in everyone...we sang 'fengyang ge' and 'rasa sayang'.yes, it was a flop. screwed up here and there. but the audience somewhat liked it though. we were just awaiting for a big fat scolding back at the hotel. True enough, after dinner, we got pretty screwed by our conductor. but i agree it was pretty pretty bad. so obviously, more sectionals, more combined, more practice. Practice makes perfect.
Day 4: Rehearsals it is after our heavy/boring/repitetive breakfast. Can you stand eating bread and butter and sausages for a consecutive 7 days?? it nearly drove me mad boy... okok enough said. so after we thought we were fully prepared, we headed to the competition area! Anyway, if you wanna visit the website, it is www.musica-mundi.com . the feeling was freaking tense as the whole choir went up the stage. the lights, the cameras, the judges, the audience. OMG. why am i even here. YES, for the making of music and for the 300 EURO!!! lol.. loooking at the conductor's happy happy face... i was somewhat relieved. yep, there we sang, starting with fyer,fyer (generally good, the judges like it) followed by sunset (this is the syf compulsory piece which the judges gave very low points for... all leong yoon pin's fault!!!), and then baylere (one of the best pieces, the soothing rhythm and feel of it) and lastly pokpok (ppl should download this song and listen. its hilarious. we got graded pretty high for this)
Well. all's over. we were happy. very happy. we didn't expect to pull this off so superbly. that's the best we could do. once the results are released, we know we had done our best. so a big fat burden off our shoulders. afterwards, we headed to this small church for a friendship concert. wow, i tell you, that germany choir is PERFECT. their whole aesthetics and tuning were all marvellous. i also liked their yellow dresses. they looked real cool. one tired day it is. and we went back to the hotel. with more practices but this time with satisfaction.
16 July 2005
HI GUYS!!! I'm back from Germany about a hectic 8-day schedule in Amsterdam/Hannover/Wernigerode. A long trip it has been, but it really has been worth all the while. So now, allow me to revive my blog all over again.
DAY 1: Assembled at Changi Airport terminal one. had a brief gathering and (luckily we didn't perform there haha) headed to check-in and everything. And they confiscated my metal fork at the check-in counter. how pissifying. anyway.. went on board.... and the food was... not so good. lol. the SIA-sickness..having the screen NOT in front of you. but the movies shown were generally good...miss congenality 2, robots, million dollar baby etc etc.
DAY 2: Here in AMSTERDAM! Waiting for the connection to Hannover, our competition town where we're singing. The first group went first, because apparently KLM didn't have enough seats. and suaysuaily the first group's flight was CANCELLED! hahahha...i'm so evil...but i was pretty fortunate...bceoz i and lionel were the only sec 2s in group 2. YAY! so whilst waiting...i learnt how to play bridge and played hearts...they are darn fun!!!! the bridgemates are: lionel, me, leehe, jon ong, joel, joash lolll. so fun (choir has hella lot of ppl starting with jo--'s)...after the short flight in which the plane looked really cute...we reached wernigerode...WHAT A SMALL TOWN. the bus routes keep on circling, rotating back to the same places. and then we had dinner at this big dining hall place..the food's gross. seriously gross. and we had to eat there for 6 days. after that, went back hotel, rooming with kialiang. after bathing and stuff, went down for rehearsals...where our conductor was still pretty good...not until day 3...
04 July 2005
Best Male Artiste
Public's Choice: Gavin DeGraw
Personal Choice: Gavin DeGraw
Best Rock Group
Public's choice: Green Day
Personal choice: Green Day
Best Female Artiste:
Public's choice: Avril Lavigne/Kelly Clarkson
Personal choice: Kelly Clarkson/Gwen Stefani
Best Pop Group:
Public's choice: Simple Plan
Personal choice: Destiny's Child.
Other results would be revealed tomorrow. Stay tuned!
Tomorrow it is. Germany i'll be flying to. well...after hours of preparation...hours of combined and sectionals...its up to how we perform at wernigerode....really hope everything goes out well and we can get to enjoy...blah...
having said that, i hope my 2bians can help me in collecting all my homework and stuff...and very possibly teach this little boy here all the formulaes and notes....for obviously i'm going to miss out on a lot...SHUCKS...oh no...bad bad bad...i'm so going to fail maths pop quiz...ARGH.
and.........debates once again is postponed...so darn pissed...i tot my conductor on saturday that i couldn't come punctually on monday due to debates on monday...and almost got murdered by him...and on sunday...chris called me and told me DEBATES IS POSTPONED. almost banged my head against the wall...acted drama in front of mr toh for no apparent reason. hAIZ. so stupid. but never mind. see how everything goes after i come back...oh yeah...after i come back...RI will have this chinese karaoke competition...which starts at 330pm...my plane touches down at 250 pm...hmm....i'm going to get first in that competition if i join...how dilemmaish..
anyway...i'm gonna be offline for the next 8 days...but my soul will still be with you guys...all the best! you can sms me at 9172****(those who know it) --although i might not be able to reply. lol...public spam. who cares. i gladly welcome them/. bye guys....all the best.
01 July 2005
25) Save me - Corrinne May
24) Breathe - Anna Nalick
23) Only words I know- Blue
22) Fall to pieces - Avril Lavgine
21) Must get out - Maroon 5
20) Feels just like it should - Jamiroquai
19) Everything hurts - Ben Moody feat Anastacia
18) That's how love should be - Tyler Hilton
17) Crazy Chick - Charlotte Church
16) City of blinding lights - U2
15) Beautiful - James Blunt
14) How to deal - Frankie J
13) Lose control - Missy Elliot/Ciara
12) Forever - Vertical Horizon
11) Other side of the world - KT Tunstall
10) Lets get blown - Snoop Dogg feat Pharell
9) Superman - Stereophonics
8) 1 Thing - Amerie
7) We believe - Good Charlotte
6) Be yourself - Audioslave
5) Wordplay - Jason Mraz
4) Inside your heaven - Carrie Underwood
3) This is how a heart breaks - Rob THomas
2) Wake me up when september ends - Green Day
1) Bad Day - Daniel Powter
P.S I will be away from the 5th to 13th july to germany for the choir competition. will miss you guys!
Back to Main Page
Digital Spy's The Sound
Spin or Bin Music
Pop On and On
The Prophet Blog
design by maystar
powered by blogger